And there she comes...


I must admit, I've been MIA for quite some time now, and though I have nothing  in my defense, I'll suffice to say that these past few months have been filled with stuff. Not necessarily good stuff though. Let's just take it this way, if my life was a literal roller coaster, I'd be barfing 24/7 due to the ups and downs, twists and turns.

Moving on to less cryptic news, I'm glad to say that I went back to Dubai this summer for a month. Granted, a month did nothing to quench my love for the place but at least I got to meet my old friends (one of which still remains my best-friend even after two long years) and visit a few memories. But let me tell you, tears were shed alright. Both of the good and bad kind.

I've always considered myself to be strong and able to adapt to various places. But there you go, I got a big swipe in the head when I shifted from Dubai to Jakarta. I'm not saying I found the change unbearable - hell, I was pretty excited to check out a new place. So excited that, in the midst of all this, I didn't really say goodbye to my friends. I mean, I guess it hadn't sunk in that I was going to leave them for something completely new. And then I shifted here and the feeling finally came in full force. I missed my friends. And I still do. In fact, I've come to the conclusion that I have lost the ability to make friends and have kept it in Dubai. Seriously, in the two years in Jakarta, I haven't really made any close friends.

You know of those bittersweet crap everyone keeps talking about? I guess I finally got a taste of that flavour during my stay in Dubai.


left

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, drop a line or two.