Book Review: Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer


Bloodrose (Nightshade #3)
by Andrea Cremer

Calla has always welcomed war.
But now that the final battle is upon her, there's more at stake than fighting. There's saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay's wrath. There's keeping Ansel safe, even if he's been branded a traitor. There's proving herself as the pack's alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers' magic once and for all. And then there's deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is.

Recommended for: People who will join me in a wild rampage to hunt Shay till his demise.



Review:

This book completely BLEW ME and I needed to rant and rave...Wait...cut that, this is only a RANT!

First off, be warned...this contains spoilers as I see no other way to put across my thoughts and feeling without referring to the book. After all, this is a rant, an outlet to get out my jacked up feelings.

All I can say is...WTF was going on in the ending? RENIER LAROCHE DIES! Like just falls there with his neck broken! How can this happen? HOW? Oh, I know Cremer had to have Calla choose in the end, but was it necessary for her to kill of the main highlight in the entire series? It wasn't as if Shay was anywhere near Ren. I mean, that jackass had no role in Calla's life what-so-ever! Damn that stupid bear for not killing him off in the beginning.
And Calla? Don't even get me started on that fickle-minded chick! She is nothing if not fickle, I tell you. Oh, of course she'll go around telling both Ren and Shay to leave her alone, but then she goes and practically begs Shay to rip her clothes off BEHIND Ren's back.

What kind of girl power is this? This is no girl power...this is freaking lust driven power!

Oh, Cremer's writing was good...beyond awesome. I mean, I loved all the secondary characters, Connor being my favourite. That guy just gets to you. But his girlfriend? Oh God, I can't believe Adne had to face such an awful fate! First her mom's dead, then her dad's cracked his skull open and THEN her brother DIES!

I still can't get over the fact that Ren was killed by Emile. I mean, where is the justice in this? WHERE? It's as if Ren's death had no meaning, and I can sure as hell bet that HIS soul will not R.I.P.

The ending with everyone turning into wolves and wandering off into the forest was, like, the the cracking point for me. I mean, we go through this whole journey with Calla, the jackass and Renier and all we get in the end is some messed up wolf pack who might not even remember what happened to begin with.

All in all, the book was great. It's just my personal feelings over-riding my brain right now, so I think it's better if I didn't give a rating at the mo'.

Cheers

P.S. Why didn't SEE-MUS stay human forever? That jackass DOES NOT deserve to be with the fickle-minded chick, no matter how much I hate her.

P.P.S. Since both the jackass and the fickle-minded chick are both horrible, I suppose they can live their pathetic lives together. Ren can live happily in heaven without this chick tormenting him.

This is more like a rant, let me tell you. God alone knows how I survived reading this book!


left

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, drop a line or two.